Sure, you can have your everyday shortbread cookie with your hot cuppa’, but why not make it more fun with a cookie shaped as a teabag? These tea bag shortbread cookies are perfect when enjoyed on their own or with a steaming cup of Earl Grey.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Baking thread
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add flour, and mix well.
- Roll out cookies on a floured surface, and cut into a tea bag shape, poking a small hole in the top of each cookie for the baking thread later. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once the cookies have baked and cooled, melt chocolate in the microwave in thirty second intervals, and dip cookies a 1/3 of the way into the chocolate. Place the cookies on a cooling rack to set.
- String a baking thread through the hole at the top of the cookie and attach to the printable tea tag.