If you are looking for a way to send love and comfort to someone undergoing breast cancer treatment, this heart-shaped mastectomy pillow is a great solution. In a few easy steps, you can create a plush pillow for your loved one to hold onto whenever they need extra support.
- 2 medium-sized pieces of soft fabric
- Small pins
- Needle and thread
- Small applique hearts or other decorations, if desired
- Polyester filler, or other stuffing material
- Cut out two heart shapes of equal size from your fabric. Pin the two hearts together, right side out. If you want to include other decorations on the pillow, sew these onto the hearts before you pin them together.
- Sew the two pieces together, leaving about a 3″ opening for stuffing. When you’re done sewing, stuff the pillow, and sew the opening shut.
Create your very own heart-shaped mastectomy pillow by downloading this printable template.
For instructions on making a seat belt pillow, and more breast cancer DIYs, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/pink.