If you need a light, crisp treat to serve during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, then look no further. These raspberry meringue cookies make a perfect party favor for a ladies’ lunch or breast cancer awareness function.
Makes 30 to 35 cookies
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 to 3 drops of pink gel food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 225°F.
- Place the egg whites in a large bowl, and use an electric mixer to begin beating them to a frothy consistency.
- Gradually (and very slowly) add the sugar to your bowl, one tablespoon at a time, and beat well after each addition so it dissolves into the egg whites. The egg white mixture should begin to appear stiff and glossy.
- In a separate bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of raspberry jam with a few drops of pink food coloring.
- Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the jam mixture into the meringue, being careful not to over mix the meringue or you will deflate the peaks.
- Spoon the meringue into a pastry bag fitted with the decorating tip of your choice—a tip with a smaller opening is recommended for more control. Pipe the meringue onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in quarter sized circles.
- Bake for two hours, or until the cookies become dry and peel easily off of the parchment paper. Allow to cool completely before serving.
For more pink recipe ideas, visit visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/pink.