All of the adults at your next Independence Day get-together will love these sensationally fruity jello shots!
- 25 strawberries, as large as you can find
- 1 cup water
- 1 (3 ounces) package Berry Blue Jell-O™
- 1 (1.4 ounces) envelope unflavored powdered gelatin
- ½ cup vodka
- Whipped cream
- Slice off the bottoms of the strawberries, and use a small spoon to hollow them out without cutting through to the bottom.
- Pour water in a saucepan, and mix in the Berry Blue Jell-O™, sprinkling the powdered gelatin on top. Let sit for 1 minute. Mix thoroughly, and simmer over medium-high heat.
- Pour ½ cup of vodka in a glass, add ½ cup of the blue mixture, and spoon into the strawberries. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or until set.
- Slowly slice each strawberry in half from the top down, and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
For more patriotic desserts and snacks, visit americanlifestylemag.com/celebrate.