By nature, cats are curious creatures, and the right toy can really pique their curiosity. Here’s an creative idea for a homemade toy that incorporates a playful shape and treats, so your feline friend will love it! And because it’s easy to make and won’t cost you anything, you will, too!
- Empty toilet paper roll
- Marker or stencil
- Favorite pet treats
- Mark four lines, about a finger’s width apart, on the toilet paper roll.
- Cut along lines, giving you four rings. (You can discard one of them.)
- Insert one ring into the second ring to create an x shape.
- Add the third ring in the middle, and adjust the spacing of the rings to create a sphere.
- Doodle or stencil a fun design on the outside.
- Gently move a ring to the side so you can sneak a treat inside the ball, and move it back to its position.
Note: To ensure the safety of your cat, supervise it at all times during play. This toy is intended to be used only with supervision.
For more fun cat ideas, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/pets.