A burger is a blank canvas for toppings. However, when it comes to a vegan diet, you may feel like your options are limited. This recipe puts a plant-based spin on the classic buffalo and blue cheese pairing that will have even the biggest meat-lover coming back for seconds!
For the blue cheese sauce:
- Dash of garlic powder
- 1 cup of Veganaise®
- ½ teaspoon tahini
- Dash of lemon juice
- Dash apple cider vinegar
- 7 ounces (or half a block) extra firm tofu
For the burger:
- ⅔ cup hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Beyond™ Burger patty, thawed
- In a large mixing bowl, combine blue cheese sauce ingredients except the tofu. Mix until it has a smooth consistency.
- Crumble tofu, add to the dressing mixture, and stir until combined. Cover, and refrigerate for one hour.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the hot sauce and olive oil.
- Using a fork, dip and coat the patty in the hot sauce mixture. Place the patty on a grill set to medium heat, and grill three minutes per side.
- Remove the burger from the grill, and place on a bun. Top the burger with additional buffalo sauce, if desired, and blue cheese sauce. Garnish with your favorite burger toppings.
For more vegan recipes, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/blog.