It’s the time of year again to embrace cooking with our favorite fall flavors—namely pumpkin. Pumpkin is one of the most versatile ingredients to cook with, and everything (including the seeds) make for a tasty seasonal snack.
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the pumpkin seeds, honey, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt until everything is thoroughly combined. Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, rotating the pan front to back halfway through the cooking time, for even browning.
- Let the pumpkin seeds cool completely before breaking into clusters. Package in a sealed jar or bag for gifting. Can be kept for up to 1 week in a sealed container.
Reprinted from Food with Friends: The Art of Simple Gatherings. Copyright © 2016 by Leela Cyd.