Everyone loves a good cinnamon roll, but for those of us who want to go a little lighter, this recipe for raspberry rolls is the perfect breakfast option—or makes for a delicious treat any time of day.
For the dough:
- 1-pound loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
For the filling:
- 3½ cups frozen raspberries
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1½ teaspoons cornstarch
For the frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Pink food coloring
- Place the premade loaf dough on a lightly floured surface, and divide in half. With a rolling pin, roll one half into a rectangle, and spread evenly with softened butter. Sprinkle with half of the brown sugar.
- In a bowl, stir together raspberries, sugar, lemon zest, and cornstarch. Sprinkle half this mixture over the dough.
- Gently roll the dough into a log. Using a piece of floss or thread, cut individual rolls about 2 inches thick. Place rolls on a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Follow the same steps for the remaining half of the dough, and use the rest of the filling. Place the rolls in a warm spot, covered by a towel. Let rise until doubled in size.
- Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes, reduce the temperature to 350°F, and bake for 5-7 more minutes.
- While the rolls are cooling, prepare the frosting by combining the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, lemon zest, and pink food coloring with a mixer. Spread the frosting on each roll, and serve.
And for more delicious pink recipe ideas, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/pink.