Most burgers have some variation on a meat patty, cheese, and veggie toppings. But if you’re looking to spruce up your burgers with something totally new, try out these slightly sweet and tangy sliders!
- 1 egg
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley or thyme
- (1) 8-ounce goat cheese log
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 12 premade slider patties
- 1 cup smashed raspberries
- 12 slider-sized buns
- Line up three small bowls for dredging. In the first bowl, gently whisk an egg. In another bowl, add in the flour, and in the last bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs, onion powder, and parsley or thyme.
- Remove the goat cheese log from the fridge, and cut into 1-inch discs. Add about 2 inches of oil to a sauté pan, and bring to medium-high heat.
- Bread the goat cheese by coating each piece in flour, then egg, and, lastly, in the breadcrumbs. Place gently into the sauté pan, and fry until golden brown. Remove from the pan, and place on a paper towel to dry some of the grease.
- In a small saucepan, bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil, and reduce until thickened.
- Season the patties, if desired, and then grill for three minutes per side. While the patties are grilling, use a fork to smash the raspberries in a small bowl. Once the burgers are done, place each slider onto a bun, and top with the fried cheese, smashed raspberries, and balsamic reduction.
Make these sensational sliders for a twist on your everyday burger, and let us know what you think—share photos of your sliders on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #ALMbites.
For more delicious dinner ideas, visit our recipes blog.