Transform your potatoes into a Mexican-style meal. This recipe calls for heaping portions of beans and fire-roasted tomatoes mixed with onions, peppers, garlic, and sweet potatoes—creating a delicious dish that will satisfy your taste buds as much as your hunger!
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- Sour cream and sliced scallions, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except for the sour cream and scallions in a slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, or until the sweet potatoes are tender and the chili has thickened.
- Serve with the sour cream and scallions.
To get more delicious recipe ideas, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/recipes.