Kids and kids at heart agree: nothing beats the sweet, gooey taste of homemade Rice Krispies Treats®. Combine this classic snack with the spirit of the season by making your own pumpkin pie-flavored version—it’s sure to be a holiday hit for friends and family alike!
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 cups Rice Krispies® cereal
- Spread the puree on a cheesecloth or between several paper towels, and let it sit for approximately 45 minutes to remove the excess moisture from the pumpkin.
- Melt the butter in a large pan set on medium-low heat, and add the marshmallows, stirring them as they melt.
- Scoop out ½ cup of melted marshmallow, and pour into a mixing bowl. Add 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Combine the reserved pumpkin puree and spices with the remaining marshmallow mixture. Add the remaining 4 cups cereal, and mix well.
- Cover the pie pan with cooking spray, and press the plain marshmallow-cereal mixture along the outer edges to create the pie crust. Then fill the center with the pumpkin-flavored mixture, and press until smooth to create the pie filling. Set aside to cool before cutting out pie slices.
Many people enjoy making homemade treats once the holiday season begins—and even more people enjoy eating them. For more sweet ideas for the season, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/recipes.