You’re busy. Your schedule is packed—and when you add on work and family time—it’s easy for everyday cleaning tasks to get pushed to the side. After all, it seems like there’s just never enough time in the day to get everything done. The good news? Your home doesn’t have to suffer!
Use this quick and easy cleaning schedule to stay on top of your household cleaning, and to keep track of the various tasks that should be done daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonally. Before you know it, your housework will run like clockwork! You’ll enjoy a clean home every day—not just when you’re having company over.
- Make your bed.
- Sweep the floors.
- Take out the trash.
- Do one load of laundry.
- Put away any stray items.
- Empty and load the dishwasher.
- Wipe down the countertops and sinks.
- Clean the toilets, bathtubs, and bathroom sinks.
- Clean the mirrors.
- Dust the shelving and furniture.
- Change the bed linens.
- Mop the floors.
- Vacuum the carpets, rugs, and upholstery.
- Wipe down appliances.
- Clean shower doors, or wash shower curtains.
- Scrub the bathroom and kitchen cabinets.
- Wipe down the inside and outside of cabinets.
- Clean the refrigerator, and check for expired items.
- Clean the trash can.
- Sort through closets to clean or donate items.
- Clean blankets and throw pillows.
- Clean the microwave and oven.
- Dust ceiling fans.
- Wipe down interior and exterior doors and trim.
- Deep clean the stove.
- Clean the fireplace.
- Clean out the medicine cabinets, and check for expired items.
- Wash comforters, blankets, and pillows.
- Organize closets.
- Organize personal files.
- Tidy the garage and/or basement.
- Vacuum and turn mattresses.
- De-clutter (make a goal to fill and donate at least one bag/box).
Download the printable cleaning schedule, and you’ll reduce your stress while enjoying a house that stays clean. So find a comfy chair, sit back, breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy your sparkling home.
For more spring cleaning ideas, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/spring.