When the leaves start turning and the air outside becomes crisper, nothing triumphs over a cozy meal indoors with the fire crackling in the background. Grilled cheese is the ultimate comfort food for this type of night, and this recipe takes that sentiment to the next level. Fall-ify this simple and quick meal by adding another autumn staple, pumpkin, to the mix.
- 1 loaf of sourdough bread
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, sliced
- 4 ounces mild gruyere cheese, grated
- 8 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of butter, for cooking
- Begin by slicing the bread into semi-thick slices.
- Place two slices of cheddar cheese on one slice of bread, and top with the grated gruyere cheese.
- Spread the pumpkin puree on the other slice of bread, and sprinkle chili powder onto both slices.
- Bring a pan to medium heat, and add the knob of butter. Fry the sandwich until the cheese is melted, and the bread is golden brown.
For more mouth-watering fall recipes, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/blog.