This sweet and salty treat is all about simplicity. Creamy whipped layers, delicious gelatin, and crunchy pretzels combine for a holiday dessert you’ll surely want to turn into your own family tradition.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1¼ sticks of butter
- Dash of sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 6 ounces strawberry gelatin
- 16 ounces frozen sliced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix your ingredients together for the first layer, and bake for approximately 10 minutes in a 3-quart baking dish.
- Blend the ingredients together for the second layer, and spread over the first layer after that layer has cooled.
- Heat up the pineapple juice in a small pot on the stove, but do not allow the juice to boil. Add in the gelatin, and mix well, then add in the strawberries.
- Allow the mixture to cool, and then pour over the second layer. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until completely chilled.
For more festive recipe ideas, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/holidays.