Double up on your comfort food quota by combining two classics: potatoes and soup! This recipe calls for plenty of potatoes, plus cheddar cheese, sour cream, and garlic, for a baked potato dish that you can eat with a spoon!
- 4 pounds baking potatoes (such as russets), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cups chicken stock or broth
- 3 garlic gloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Sour cream, grated cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and diced green onions, for garnishes
- Place potatoes, chicken stock, and garlic in a slow cooker. Season with garlic salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cover, and cook on high until the potatoes are completely tender, 4 to 6 hours.
- Turn heat to warm, and puree potatoes with an immersion blender until smooth and creamy.
- Add milk, sour cream, butter, and grated cheese, and stir until all ingredients are melted and incorporated.
- Ladle soup into bowls, and top with garnishes.
For more delicious recipes, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/recipes.