Have an old record collection sitting in the garage that’s gathering dust? Check out this fun and funky DIY project that will give a new spin to your old vinyl. Perfect for any room in the house—from the bonus room to the kitchen—this rockin’ clock is a fun alternative to a more conventional wall clock.
- Number stencils template
- 12” record
- Hot knife
- Face mask
- Metal file
- Super glue
- Clock mechanism
- Download the number stencils template and, using scissors, carefully cut out each of the numbers to use as stencils.
- Position the numbers around the record so they touch each other, and trace the outline with a pencil.
- Using extreme caution, carefully cut out your design, using the hot knife. Be especially careful when removing part of the record, as it can easily snap or break. Important: be sure that you wear a face mask, and always work in a well-ventilated area.
- If any of the edges are rough, carefully smooth them out using a metal file.
- Super glue the gearbox of the clock mechanism behind the record, making sure to line it up with the designs.
- Snap the hands of the clock into place, and voila —you’re ready to rock!
For more fun and easy DIY upcycling ideas, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/recycle.