Like your mother or grandmother probably told you, tea is one of the best things to drink when fighting off a cold. It’s warm, full of vitamins, and is soothing for a scratchy throat. But this powerful drink is even better when homemade, and brewed to your liking!
Makes about one gallon of tea.
- 1 whole grapefruit, cut into chunks
- 2 lemons, cut into chunks
- 2 oranges, cut into chunks
- 4 sticks cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons whole cloves
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Add all of the ingredients to a large pot, and cover with water.
- Heat the mixture until boiling, reduce heat, and cover. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, and with a potato masher or hand blender, emulsify the fruit into the liquid.
- Pour the mixture over a strainer to remove remaining fruit pieces and rind, or, if you prefer pulp, ladle directly into a cup, and enjoy!
Tip: Keep any leftover tea in an airtight jug or thermos in the refrigerator, and heat in the microwave when ready to drink.
Try out this tea the next time you’re fighting off a cold, or make for a loved one as the perfect get-well gift. Don’t forget to take a photo to share on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #ALMbites.