Nothing fills—and warms—the stomach during colder months quite like chili. But instead of traditional chili, try your hand at this white bean chicken chili. It feature a hearty mix of chicken, white beans, chilies, garlic, and onions, enhanced with five mouthwatering spices for a taste experience that will wow anyone who tastes it.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (15½-ounce) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 1 (14½-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Pour the oil into a Dutch oven set on medium heat, and add the chicken, garlic, and onions. Stir frequently until the chicken is cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the white beans, chilies, chicken broth, salt, and spices, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer until the flavors have blended well, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the stove, and stir in the sour cream and the whipping cream until blended well.
To get more delicious recipe ideas, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/recipes.