Bacon can be enjoyed as more than just a breakfast item. Take the crispy meat to the next level by weaving bacon strips into a bowl. You can fill them up with mashed potatoes or other side dishes!
Ingredients: For the bowls
Ingredients: For the filling
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place a muffin pan upside down. Cover the entire bottom of the pan in aluminum foil, molding the foil around the convex mounds of each muffin cup. Spray the foil with cooking spray, making sure to lightly coat each mound.
- Cut all of the bacon slices in half, and slice each half longways, giving you 48 short, thin slices of bacon.
- On a flat surface, weave bacon slices together (use 8 slices for a bite-size bowl or 10 slices for a big bowl), making a square shape.
- Place the bacon weaves on the mounds of the muffin pan, and conform to the shape of the pan. (Alternate placing a bacon weave on every other mound so the bowls do not stick together during cooking).
- Set the muffin pan on a sheet pan with a lip to prevent grease from spilling, and bake for 25-30 minutes, depending on desired crispiness. Let the bacon cool completely in order to hold their shape.
- Fill bacon bowls with garlic herb mashed potatoes, and garnish with your favorite toppings. As an added treat, fry up any excess bacon, and serve on top of your filling!
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017
Moving? Here’s the Ultimate Home Cleaning Checklist
| Jun 7, 2017