A childhood memory isn’t complete without a green bean casserole on the table during the holidays, and this recipe transforms a classic into a new favorite.
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Unroll the pastry sheets on a lightly-floured surface, and cut rounds from each sheet using a 4-inch round cutter.
- Gently press the rounds floured-side down into separate slots of an ungreased muffin tin. Bake for 10 minutes, and let cool.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat, sprinkle in the flour, and mix. Add in the heavy cream.
- Stir in the green beans and Parmesan cheese. Add the onion powder, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Fill each muffin cup with a ¼ cup of the mixture, top with the French-fried onions, and bake for 4–6 minutes, or until the onions are golden brown. Serve warm.
Prepare these tasty petite casserole bites, and share your photos on social media using the hashtag #ALMbites.
For more tasty appetizer recipes, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/bites/appetizers.