Add a little punch of flavor—and a powerful pop of color—to your standard hummus recipe with roasted beets! This eye-catching treat is simple to make and perfect for any breast cancer awareness event.
Makes 3 cups of hummus
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prep the beet by removing the stem and most of the root, and then thoroughly rinse until it is clean.
- Place the beet in the middle of a piece of foil along with 2 cloves of garlic. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of canola oil over the vegetables, and wrap the foil tightly to create a pouch. Place the foil pouch onto a rimmed baking sheet, and roast in the oven for one hour or until tender.
- Allow the beet to cool to room temperature before peeling off the outer skin. Then quarter the vegetable, place it into the food processor, and blend until only small bits remain.
- Add the chickpeas, and blend until smooth before mixing in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and tahini. Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Adjust seasonings as needed, and serve with fresh vegetables or bread.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| May 19, 2018