The combination of hot wings and ranch (or blue cheese, if you prefer) goes so well because the creamy dressing balances out the spiciness of the wings. We’ve taken that same idea and turned it on its head, with a chipotle-spiced wing and avocado crema that is anything but boring!
Ingredients: For the wings
Ingredients: For the avocado dip
- In a blender, puree the barbecue sauce, coconut oil, chipotles in adobo, cayenne, and salt, until smooth.
- Place the wings in a large bowl, and pour half of the sauce over them, turning the wings until thoroughly coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 8–24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet, and arrange the wings about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 25–35 minutes, until the skin appears crispy. While the wings are baking, prepare the avocado dip by placing all the ingredients in a blender and pulsing until well combined.
- When the wings are done, remove from the oven, and baste with the remaining sauce. Garnish with cilantro, if desired, and serve with the avocado dip.
For more delicious meal ideas, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/bites.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017
Moving? Here’s the Ultimate Home Cleaning Checklist
| Jun 7, 2017