While the best part of this signature snack is certainly the taste, the second best aspect is how simple and adaptable the recipe is. Using apple cinnamon Chex cereal as the base, we’ve swapped out the peanut butter for cream cheese and the milk chocolate for white to create an apple pie variation so flavorful that it rivals the original.
Download Bake Sale Tent Cards
- To heat the butter, warm up a few inches of water in a saucepan over low heat. Place a glass bowl over top of the saucepan, and add 4 tablespoons of butter. Continue to stir until the butter liquifies.
- Using this same indirect heating method, add 1 cup of white chocolate chips to the butter. Continue to stir the chocolate as it begins to melt, paying close attention to the melting process so that you do not burn the chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, using this same indirect heating method, melt ¾ cup of cream cheese. Immediately remove from heat, and fold into the melted chocolate. Stir to combined. The cream cheese should, for the most part, create a single fluid with the chocolate.
- In a large mixing bowl, drizzle the melted chocolate-cream cheese mixture over the Chex. Use a wooden spoon to coat the cereal, but be careful not to crush the Chex in the process.
- Mix the ¼ cup cinnamon with the 1¼ cups of powdered sugar, and evenly pour into two large ziplock bags. Then divide the chocolatey cereal into each bag. Close up the ziplock bags, and shake until all of the cereal has been covered.
- Empty the ziplock bags into a large serving bowl, and enjoy the apple pie deliciousness of this treat. You can also store the puppy chow in an airtight container to keep it fresh for later!
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Apr 25, 2018
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Nov 15, 2019
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017