Brunch isn’t complete without dessert. These Italian cookies just got a revamp with three variations that are sure to top off an already winning brunch spread.
Ingredients: For the biscotti base
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
- In a second bowl, mix the sugar, butter, and vanilla extract. Beat the eggs in one at a time. Carefully add in the flour mixture, and stir.
- Dust your hands with flour, and divide the dough in half. Shape each portion into a 12 in. x 4 in. log, and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven, and place on a wire rack to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, use a serrated knife to cut ½-inch wide-slices at a slight angle. Place the sliced biscotti onto the baking sheets cut side down. Bake for an additional 10–12 minutes.
- Transfer biscotti to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 cup toasted almond slices
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Make one (or all) of these biscotti, and don’t forget to snap a photo to share on social media using the hashtag #ALMbites.
For more easy brunch recipes, visit americanlifestylemag.com/bites.