These easy frozen treats are perfect for beating the summer heat. Customize with your favorite ice cream flavors and toppings of your choice!
Ingredients: For the chocolate coating
Ingredients: For the sandwiches
- Arrange 6 cookies, bottoms facing up, on a parchment lined sheet pan, lightly greased with pan release spray.
- Scoop softened ice cream onto cookies, and top with remaining cookies, gently pressing down. Smooth ice cream with the back of spoon, making it even with the cookie.
- Place the pan into the freezer and let set for 1–2 hours or until ice cream has hardened.
- Using a double boiler, melt chocolate and coconut oil, whisking until smooth. Keep warm until ready to dip sandwiches.
- Dip sandwiches into the chocolate, coating half, and letting any excess chocolate drip off. Sprinkle with any desired toppings. Return to the freezer and freeze for 10–15 minutes or until chocolate has hardened.
Tips: Soften ice cream on the counter for about 10 minutes (depending on how warm your kitchen is) just until soft, not runny or melted.
Find even more tasty treat recipes by visiting www.americanlifestylemag.com/bites.