There are some holiday cookies that take hours to prepare. Between mixing the dough just right and baking time, it’s a fun but often exhausting process. And then there’s toffee bark, which you can make from just four simple ingredients in a pinch!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Layer on the saltines in even rows, covering the entire sheet.
- In a saucepan, melt the brown sugar and butter together, stirring until smooth. Quickly remove from the stovetop, and drizzle in an even layer over the saltines.
- Pour the bag of chocolate morsels evenly over the hot toffee mixture, and spread into a thin layer using a spatula. (Note: You’ll have to work quickly while the chocolate is still hot.)
- Place in the oven for 5–10 minutes, just until the chocolate is fully melted and the toffee is set. Sprinkle on sea salt, if desired.
- Once the pan is cool, place in the refrigerator for at least an hour to chill completely. Remove from the fridge, and break into pieces.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| Mar 19, 2017