Bunnies aren’t the only ones that love carrots—we love them too! They’re the perfect healthy and crunchy snack, and a versatile enough to use in desserts. Carrot cake is a wonderful Easter treat—and can be a nice break from all the sugary marshmallow and chocolate candies you’re bound to be enjoying this time of year.
Makes about 3 dozen cupcakes, or a 9″x13″ cake.
Ingredients: For the cake
Ingredients: For the cream cheese frosting
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Prepare baking pans by spreading shortening and heavily dusting with flour, and set aside.
- Mix together the sugar and the oil. Add the eggs, and mix again until smooth. Add the carrots, and stir.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl, and add to the carrot mixture.
- Pour mixture into two prepared 8-inch baking pans.
- Bake 25–30 minutes. Let cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, and then remove from pan. Add cream cheese frosting after cake is completely cool.
- Combine cream cheese and butter on medium-high until mixture is well blended and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low, and slowly blend in powdered sugar.
- Increase speed to medium, and beat well until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Apr 25, 2018
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Nov 15, 2019
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017