Though beloved, doughnuts have a reputation as one of the sugariest breakfast treats. This recipe uses good-for-you ingredients like gluten-free flour, applesauce and coconut milk, for a natural way to get your morning sugar rush.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 6-well doughnut pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, stevia, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium saucepan, warm the coconut milk and ⅓ cup of coconut oil over low heat until the oil melts (do not allow to boil), mixing gently with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the applesauce and vanilla.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients, and mix gently. If clumps develop,use an immersion blender or mixer, and mix until very smooth. Stir in ½ cup of the coconut flakes. Pour the batter into the doughnut pan, filling about halfway to allow for rising.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool for 15 to 30 minutes. Gently scrape the sides of each well, and flip the pan to turn the doughnuts out. Use a toothpick to help them lift out, if needed.
- In a small bowl, mix the rice malt syrup and the 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil together until well combined. Coat the doughnuts thinly with the icing, and press onto the remaining coconut flakes to coat all over.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| May 19, 2018