While the best part of this signature snack is certainly the taste, the second best aspect is how simple and adaptable the recipe is. By simply swapping out the peanut butter for marshmallows and the confectioners’ sugar for cocoa, we’ve created a hot fudge sundae variation so flavorful that it rivals the original.
Download Bake Sale Tent Cards
- To heat the butter, warm up a few inches of water in a saucepan over low heat. Place a glass bowl over top of the saucepan, and add 4 tablespoons of butter. Continue to stir until the butter liquifies.
- Using this same indirect heating method, add ¾ cup of marshmallows to the butter. Continue to stir the marshmallows as it begins to melt, paying close attention to the melting process so that it does not burn. As soon as it melts, remove from the heat.
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chips to the melted marshmallows, and stir to combined. The marshmallows and chocolate should, for the most part, liquify into a single fluid.
- In a large mixing bowl, drizzle the melted chocolate-marshmallow mixture over the Chex. Use a wooden spoon to coat the cereal, but be careful not to crush the Chex in the process.
- Mix together the ¾ cup cocoa powder with the ¾ cup of confectioners’ sugar. Add the sprinkles to the powder, and evenly pour into two large ziplock bags. Then divide the chocolatey cereal into each bag. Close up the ziplock bags, and shake until all of the cereal has been covered.
- Empty the ziplock bags into a large serving bowl, and garnish with additional mini marshmallows and sprinkles. Enjoy the chocolatey deliciousness of this treat now, or store the puppy chow in an airtight container to keep it fresh for later!
For more puppy chow ideas and dessert recipes, visit www.americanlifestlemag.com/bites.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Apr 25, 2018
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Nov 15, 2019
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017