It’s easy to add the ole’ red, white, and blue to your patriotic party with this sweet dynamite bites recipe. Your guests will appreciate the flavor and creativity of these mini cupcakes!
Ingredients: For the cakes
Ingredients: For the icing
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease the bottom of three cake pans. Set aside.
- Following the instructions on the boxes, prepare cake mix in three separate mixing bowls.
- Transfer one bowl of cake mix as is to one of the cake pans. This will be the white layer of cake.
- To create the red layer, add drops of red food coloring to one of the remaining mixing bowls. Stir well to evenly combine the coloring. Transfer this red batter into the second reserved cake pan.
- To create the blue layer, add drops of blue food coloring to the last mixing bowl. Stir well to evenly combine the coloring. Transfer this batter into the last cake pan.
- Bake the cakes according to the directions on each box. Remove each cake from its pan, and set aside on baking sheets to cool completely.
- Use cookie cutters to cut circles out of each of the three cakes. You will want to have level tops and bottoms, so use a knife if necessary to carve out any inconsistencies.
- Prepare the icing by creaming together the butter and vanilla in a large bowl. Add sugar one cup at a time, combining well after each addition. Beat in the milk, and continue mixing until light and fluffy. Transfer to a pastry bag with a tip for easy decorating.
- Combine the cakes into mini stacks, using one circle in each of the three colors. Add a little bit of icing in between each layer to help them stick together. Top the mini stacks with a hefty dollop of icing, and garnish with a licorice strand.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Apr 25, 2018
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Nov 15, 2019
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017