This layered cake incorporates delightfully fresh flavors. Chamomile is steeped in milk to flavor the cake batter, and tangerine juice brings a nice, bright acidity to the icing. Tangerine slices and fresh chamomile flowers add a touch of springlike charm.
Ingredients: For the cake
Ingredients: For icing and garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat the milk in a small pot over medium heat. Cut open the tea bags, and steep the chamomile in warm milk for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Strain the milk, reserving 2 tablespoons of steeped chamomile.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, eggs, vanilla, chamomile-infused milk, and reserved chamomile in an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Whisk until smooth.
- Cut parchment paper to fit three 9-inch cake pans lightly greased with pan-release spray. Fill the cake pans halfway with cake batter, and tap down on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cakes are completely cooked. Test by inserting a toothpick into the center of each cake: if the toothpick comes out clean, the cakes are done. Let cool completely.
- Remove the cakes from the pans, and slice the tops to make them even and level.
- Combine all icing ingredients with an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Blend until smooth.
For more delicious dessert ideas, visit americanlifestylemag.com/bites.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017
Moving? Here’s the Ultimate Home Cleaning Checklist
| Feb 7, 2018