Putting up the Christmas tree is one of the most magical parts of the holiday season, and so is getting to eat lots delicious desserts. Why not combine these two seasonal delights into one special dessert with these tree-shaped cupcakes?
Ingredients: For the icing
Ingredients: For decorating
- Prepare the green icing by adding butter to a stand mixer. Beat the butter until pale and smooth. Add in the confectioners’ sugar one cup at a time until it’s fully incorporated.
- When fully mixed together, scrape the sides of the bowl, and add in the vanilla and salt. Beat on low for 15 seconds. Increase the speed to high until the mixture becomes whipped and smooth—about 5 minutes.
- Add in five drops of green food coloring, and mix until there are no white streaks.
- Using a large star tip and piping bag, pipe the icing onto each cupcake.
- For the lights, draw a thin line of decorative icing across the cupcakes, and place the chocolate-coated candies vertically onto the lines.
- To make the chocolate star topper, line a baking sheet with wax paper, and place the yellow candy melts in a small plastic bag. Microwave the melts for 45 seconds.
- Cut off one of the bag tips, and pipe into a star-shaped mold. Allow the chocolate to cool, and top the tree cupcake!
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| May 19, 2018