Who says pasta can’t be pink? Nutritious and delicious beets turn this pesto bright pink—a perfect transformation to celebrate National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Serves 4 to 6
- Prep the beets by removing the stem and most of the root, and then thoroughly rinse until they are clean.
- Add the beets to a pot of boiling water, and boil for about 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the water from the pot, and then peel the outer layer off of the beets. It’s best to do this under running water so that the vegetable doesn’t stain your hands.
- To assemble the pesto, chop the beets into quarters, and place them into the food processor, along with the smashed garlic, pistachios, lemon juice, olive oil, and cheese. Pulse until smooth.
- To prepare the pasta, bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. Add the pasta of your choice, and cook until al dente.
- Toss the pasta with the beet pesto, and garnish with chopped pistachios and Parmesan cheese before serving.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017
Moving? Here’s the Ultimate Home Cleaning Checklist
| Jun 7, 2017