Never shy away from incorporating pumpkin into fall cooking, especially in savory dishes. The epitome of a fall lasagna—layers of pumpkin, cheese, and bacon meld together perfectly for a taste of the season in every bite.
Ingredients: For the pumpkin sauce
Ingredients: For the pasta
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- For the sauce: puree the garlic, pumpkin, chicken broth, milk, olive oil, salt, sage, nutmeg, and pepper in a blender until smooth.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, stopping slightly early so the pasta can finish cooking in the oven. Drain, and set aside. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil and add the chicken, cooking for 10–15 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Remove from the water, and shred. Toss the cooked pasta, chicken, and bacon with the pumpkin sauce, and ½ cup of the cheeses.
- Transfer to a greased 9”x 13” baking dish, top with remaining cheese, and cover with greased foil to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 25–30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling. Sprinkle with fresh parsley, and let stand a few minutes before serving.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| Mar 19, 2017