Fried chicken cutlets are dipped in a garlicky sweet-and-spicy finger-licking sauce and topped with slaw and pickles for a fabulously scrumptious sandwich.
Ingredients: For the fried chicken
Ingredients: For the hot honey sauce
Ingredients: For topping
- Place chicken breast in between two sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound flat with a mallet. Season flour with salt and pepper. Soak chicken in buttermilk and dredge in seasoned flour, tapping away any excess.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil reaches 325°F, carefully add chicken to the pan, making sure not to overcrowd. Fry for 10 minutes, flipping once, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and is crispy and golden brown. Let drain on a baking rack for 5 minutes before coating with hot honey.
- In a medium bowl, whisk hot sauce, honey, and garlic. Dip chicken, coating thoroughly. Return to the baking rack to drain.
- In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, mayonnaise, dijon, vinegar, and celery seeds until blended.
- Top buns with chicken, slaw, and pickles before serving.
Tips: This hot honey sauce is wickedly good and keeps for about a month refrigerated. Spice up your biscuits, salads, veggies—everything goes well with this sauce.
For more tasty dinner ideas, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/bites.