Fried chicken cutlets are dipped in a garlicky sweet and spicy finger-licking sauce, and topped with slaw and pickles for a fabulously scrumptious sandwich.
Ingredients: For the fried chicken
Ingredients: For the hot honey sauce
Ingredients: For topping
- Place chicken breast in between two sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound flat with a mallet. Season flour with salt and pepper. Soak chicken in buttermilk and dredge in seasoned flour, tapping away any excess.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once oil reaches 325°F carefully add chicken to the pan, making sure not to overcrowd. Fry for 10 minutes, flipping once, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and gold brown crispy. Let drain on a baking rack for 5 minutes before coating with hot honey.
- In a medium bowl whisk hot sauce, honey and garlic. Dip chicken, coating thoroughly. Return to the baking rack to drain.
- In a large bowl toss together cabbage, mayonnaise, dijon, vinegar and celery seeds until blended.
- Top buns with chicken, slaw and pickles before serving.
Tips: This hot honey sauce is wickedly good and keeps for about a month refrigerated. Spice up your biscuits, salads, veggies-everything goes well with this sauce.
For more tasty dinner ideas, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/bites.