This fun food mashup combines state fair style corndogs with Maine lobster rolls. Doggies are batter dipped and deep fried then topped with luscious lobster salad.
Ingredients: For the lobster filling
Ingredients: For the batter
Ingredients: For garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together butter, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and chives. Fold in lobster meat, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oil in a deep fryer or large dutch oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. Whisk in eggs, onions, and half and half until smooth. Pour mixture into a large jar or containers.
- Skewer hotdogs, and dip into batter. Fry for 4-5 minutes, or until dogs are golden brown. Let drain on a rack or paper towel before serving.
- Top corndogs with lobster salad and garnish with lemon wedges and chives before serving.
Tips: Refrigerate lobster salad overnight for an easy meal prep solution.
For more tasty summer recipes, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/bites.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| Mar 19, 2017