Few things take us back to simpler times quite like TV dinners. Your favorite show on in the background, a microwavable meal ready in just minutes, and no pots or pans to clean up afterward—you can already smell the nostalgia. The only problem? The missing homemade aspect that these types of meals simply don’t have. Heed these tips to turn any TV dinner into a homemade meal ready in minutes.
TV dinner tips:
- Since making dinner on a weekday is hard enough with a busy schedule, try making weeknight meals over the weekend, and then freeze them.
- Once the whole meal is prepped, get microwave-safe trays to section off the meal. Each should consist of a main dish and a side (with dessert optional).
- Depending on the dish, you shouldn’t keep the meals in your freezer for longer than a week and a half to avoid freezer burn.
- When you’re ready to eat your TV dinner, remove the lid and heat for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Then take out the tray, and stir the main dish and side. Put the meal back in the microwave, and heat for an additional minute or two.
Parmesan Spinach Gnocchi with Shredded Chicken
Makes 8 servings
- Cook the gnocchi according to the package instructions. Once done, drain the water, and set aside
- Cook the chicken, shred, and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small pot. Once melted, add the minced garlic, and cook for about a minute.
- Add the flour, and mix for 30 seconds.
- Add the milk a cup at a time, stirring between each cup. Cook until the mixture has thickened.
- Add the chopped spinach to the sauce, and cook until spinach has wilted.
- Once the sauce is at its desired consistency, remove from the burner and add the salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
- When the mixture is completely melted, add the gnocchi and chicken. Stir together.
For more easy recipe ideas, visit americanlifestylemag.com/bites.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Apr 25, 2018
Interior Design 101: Master Your Decorating
| Mar 19, 2017
Moving? Here’s the Ultimate Home Cleaning Checklist
| Jun 7, 2017