Corndogs are stuffed with pepperoni and mozzarella before being battered and fried crisp. These melty, cheesy treats are sure to please the kid in all of us.
Ingredients: For the batter
Ingredients: For the corndogs
- Preheat oil to 350°Fin a deep fryer or large Dutch oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. Whisk in eggs, onions, and Half-and-Half until smooth. Pour mixture into a large jar or containers.
- Wrap hotdogs in mozzarella slices and pepperoni.
- Skewer hotdogs, and dip into batter. Fry for 4–5 minutes or until dogs are golden brown. Let drain on a wire rack or paper towel before serving.
- Serve with marinara sauce and garnish with basil.
Make these pizza-flavored dogs at home, and be sure to snap a photo to share on social media with the hashtag #ALMbites.
For more tasty recipe ideas, visit americanlifestylemag.com/bites.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017
Moving? Here’s the Ultimate Home Cleaning Checklist
| Jun 7, 2017