Super tender, flaky, and flavorful cod recipe—a great reason to break out the grill. The subtle smokiness of the tomato butter pairs perfectly in this crave worthy recipe.
Ingredients: For the tomato butter
Ingredients: For the cod
Ingredients: For the charred tomatoes
- Heat grill to medium-high. Char tomatoes, turning frequently until thoroughly charred. Place charred tomatoes into a blender or food processor and puree with garlic. Pour tomato puree into a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Simmer for 2 minutes, or until puree begins to simmer. Whisk in white wine, and continue to simmer for another 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Whisk in butter cubes a couple at a time. Sauce will begin to thicken with more butter. Once all the butter is added, remove from the heat, and set aside until ready to serve.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Pat cod portions dry with a paper towel, and season with salt. Once oil begins to smoke, gently add cod to the pan. Don’t overcrowd—sear a couple at a time.
- Sear cod for 3 minutes per side, flipping once, until golden brown and cooked thoroughly. Let rest until ready to serve.
- Skewer cherry tomatoes, brush with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill the tomatoes until lightly charred. Remove the skewer, and set aside until ready to serve.
- Pool sauce on the bottom of the plate, gently place seared cod on top, and arrange charred cherry tomatoes around the fish. Garnish with chopped tarragon.
Tip: Don’t feel like breaking out the grill? No worries—char the tomatoes under the broiler. You can ask your butcher or fish monger to portion the cod for you as well.
For more fresh seafood recipes, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/bites.