Elegance does not have to be complicated. This show-stopping puff pastry wrapped filet is seasoned with worcestershire sauce and grainy mustard, and then encased in mushrooms and chard.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Sear beef on all sides until brown. Remove from the pan, and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, and stir in garlic, shallots, and mushrooms. Cover, and cook for 5–6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Remove from the pan, and puree in a food processor until smooth. Scrape into a bowl, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together worcestershire sauce and grain mustard. Brush marinade over seared filet until thoroughly coated.
- Flour a clean work surface, and roll out puff dough into a large rectangle. Brush with egg wash. Lay out a large sheet of plastic wrap, and layer with blanched greens. Spread mushroom mixture over the greens, and place filet in the middle. Roll into a tight cylinder.
- Place the rolled filet onto the center of the puff pastry, and gently roll, seam side down. Cut off any excess puff pastry dough, and tuck in the ends. Brush with egg wash, and cut slits into the top.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes on a slightly greased cookie sheet or until dough is golden brown. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
For more delicious recipe ideas, visit americanlifestylemag.com/bites.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| Mar 19, 2017