What screams summer more than an ice cream cone? This season, decorate your door with a beloved sweet treat that you won’t have to worry about melting!
- Using the chicken wire, mold a cone shape for the base of the wreath. Make sure that the top opening is wide enough for the foam ball to tightly fit inside.
- Use wire or zip ties to close up the wire frame seam, and cut down any excess chicken wire. Note: Be sure to use wire cuttings to remove the sharp ends, and/or needle-nose pliers to bend back the ends.
- Wrap the burlap around the cone shape until the chicken wire is no longer exposed. Close the seam with hot glue, and let dry.
- Place the half foam ball inside of the cone, and remove any excess chicken wire.
- Cut the floral stems down to size. The brown flowers should have the shortest stems, followed by the white flowers, then the pink, and finally, red should be the longest.
- Arrange the stems in the following order from bottom to top: brown, white, pink, and red.
- Attach a string from opposite ends of the cone, and hang the wreath on a hook.
For more summertime craft ideas, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/create.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| May 19, 2018