If you are looking to simplify your holiday decor this year, then this winter white pom-pom wreath will take you from the holidays through the entire winter season. It is simple to make, and can be customized to fit your style.
- Using a piece of tape, secure one end of the yarn to the back of the wreath ring, and wrap the entire ring with a single layer of yarn. When finished, tie both ends of yarn in a tight knot, and trim the excess yarn. Set aside.
- Cut a diagonal slit in the four-inch side of your cardboard. Thread the end of your yarn into the slit, leaving about a six-inch excess. (The slit will hold your yarn while you wrap.) Wrap the yarn around the cardboard about 50 times. Don’t pull so tight that your cardboard starts to bend in the middle, but you should wrap the yarn snugly.
- Once you’ve wrapped the yarn 50 times, cut off, leaving another six inches of excess yarn. Place the cardboard down on a flat surface. Carefully slide the piece of cardboard out of the looped yarn. Wrap each end of yarn around the loops until they meet. Tie the ends into a knot so that the yarn is cinched tightly in the middle. Do not cut the loose ends; you will use them to secure the pom-pom to the wreath frame.
- Holding the yarn loops at the knot, carefully cut the top and the bottom of the loops to create a perky pom-pom. Trim the ends so that they are all the same length, and fluff the yarn into shape. Continue this process until you make enough pom-poms to cover the wreath.
- Wrap the long ends around the ring, and tie securely. Cut the excess yarn, and fluff the pom-pom again. Continue until the entire ring is filled with pom-poms.
- Leave up to a quarter of an inch of space between pom-poms when attaching the final pom-pom. Use this space to attach your bow or accessory with floral wire.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017
Moving? Here’s the Ultimate Home Cleaning Checklist
| Feb 7, 2018