It can be a long day in the office for pet owners without their four-legged companions by their side, which is why the desk pet trend is so appealing. Try out these inanimate creatures for your own desk, and watch your space be the most appreciated company-wide.
These fish bowls will turn your desk into a mess-free aquarium.
Perler® bead kit, including pegboards, Parchment paper, Iron, Glass bowl or jar, Hot glue gun/glue, Sand, Glitter.
- Carefully lay beads out on Perler® board in the fish design of your choice.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on top of the beads, and iron on top at a low to medium heat, pressing lightly.
- Once the beads have been bound together, remove the parchment paper from the creation, and the creation from the board. Hot glue the bottom of the fish to the bottom of the bowl so it can stand vertically.
- Pour in a mixture of sand and glitter to complete your nautical scene.
Let your artistic side shine with these painted mammal mug designs.
Medium-sized mug, Paint markers, Rocks, Soil, Succulent.
- Start drawing an animal on a mug of your choice.
- After giving the paint some time to dry, fill the bottom of the mug with rocks to absorb any watering that happens over time.
- Insert the succulent, filling in the sides with soil to secure the plant.
- Remember to water the plant every couple of weeks.
Tired of your metal nameplate? Show your love for animals with this pet version!
Mini animal figurines, Spray paint, X-ACTO® knife, Name tag.
- Pick out your favorite animal figurine, and spray paint it your favorite color.
- After the paint dries, carefully cut horizontally into the back of the figurine, going in about half of the way.
- Insert name tag into the slit, and display on your desk.
For more pet crafts and tips, visit americanlifestylemag.com/create.