There’s something special about the smell of cinnamon and cloves that brings about memories of the holidays, and these ornaments will help bring a piece of that wonderful scent to your home year after year.
- Preheat the oven to 200°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the applesauce, cinnamon, and cloves (optional). The dough should begin to form a ball but should not be too sticky, so add more cinnamon as necessary.
- Sprinkle your rolling surface with cinnamon, and use a rolling pin to roll the dough to ¼-inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes, and place on the sheet to bake. Leave a small hole at the top of each cutout for string to hang.
- Bake for about 1½–2 hours, or until the ornaments are very hard. Pull decorative string through the ornament, and tie to hang.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017
Moving? Here’s the Ultimate Home Cleaning Checklist
| Apr 25, 2018