Swirls, streaks, and splashes of color create a colorful ornament that’s one of a kind. You’ll never duplicate the same pattern twice, which makes this handmade decoration truly unique. The best part is that they’re so simple, you might just make a whole set!
- Choose a clear, glass ornament and remove the metal top.
- Place 2 to 3 drops of each color of paint into the opening at the top of the ornament. Place your thumb over the opening, and roll paint around so that it begins to spread, but don’t worry about covering the entire ornament.
- Once all of the paint is toward the bottom, flip the ornament over into the plastic cup so the opening is facing down (make sure that the top of the ornament is not touching the bottom of the cup).
- Allow the paint to slowly drip as it covers the inside of the ornament. This process takes awhile, so leave your ornament to dry overnight. After the paint has dried, carefully remove the ornament from the plastic cup, remembering that the bottom of the cup will be filled with excess paint.
- For an ornament with more than one color, repeat this process after the first paint color has dried completely.
- Replace the top securely back on your ornament, and decorate with ribbon or a bow.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017
Moving? Here’s the Ultimate Home Cleaning Checklist
| Jun 7, 2017