Just because it’s origami doesn’t necessarily mean that this project is a complicated one. This star is so simple to create, that you can do it in less than 3 minutes. It’s a great way to include a note that your child will look forward to when eating their packed lunch.
- Print out the downloadable template, and cut along the dotted lines.
- Fold the top half over so that the text on the paper is facing you, and you are making an uneven U shape.
- Loop the short end of the paper around so that the short end is perpendicular to the long end. Tie a knot at the end of the strip of paper. Pull gently to tighten, and then carefully flatten. Be careful not to pull too tight, as the paper can easily rip.
- Fold the end of the strip down, and tuck it into the knot.
- Fold the long end around the pentagon, creasing gently as you go.
- Continue folding evenly around the pentagon until you reach the end of the strip of paper. Tuck the last bit of the strip into the pocket. You should be left with a pentagon.
- Carefully use your fingernail to press between each point; the star should form as you push the paper inward.
- Pack your child a nutritious lunch, and don’t forget to include your origami star note!
Printable Origami Template
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017
Moving? Here’s the Ultimate Home Cleaning Checklist
| Jun 7, 2017