This sailboat plant vessel is a great alternative to the standard container! Made out of an empty shampoo bottle, it is easy on your wallet and the environment—and easy to make! Paint the sailboat a solid color, or get crazy and creative to show off your artistic skills.
- Use the marker to draw an oval outline on the side of the shampoo bottle. Then carefully cut that section out to create the hull of the sailboat. The exact size will vary, but remember that the larger the opening, the more plants you can fit in!
- Paint the entire vessel in the color of your choice. Stick with a solid color for a traditional sailboat, or add in personality with patterns and designs. Allow to dry completely.
- While the shampoo bottle dries, create the post and the sail for your sailboat. Cut the felt into a triangle shape, and hot glue it onto a dowel rod, rolling the felt over so that the material covers the rod on all sides. Allow to dry.
- Scoop some dirt into the sailboat vessel, filling in the sides of the opening completely. Then add a few small plants into your new container. Add more dirt as needed to fill the rest of the vessel.
- Make sure you water your sailboat plants, and keep it somewhere sunny.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| May 19, 2018