Sometimes, life can get a little crazy, and we forget the simplest act of all: being kind. From strangers to friends and family, make use of these ideas on how you can bring a smile to someone’s day.
- Compliment someone for his or her hard work.
- Feed someone’s parking meter.
- Donate your talents.
- Help someone load his or her car with groceries.
- Sit with someone who is alone.
- Take your neighbor’s dog for a walk.
- Leave a waitperson a large tip with an encouraging note.
- Reconnect with someone whom you’ve lost touch with.
- Tell a family member how much you appreciate him or her.
- Send a handwritten letter instead of a text message.
- Make a family member breakfast in bed.
- Volunteer at a local charity.
- Plant flowers in a local park.
- Hold the elevator for someone.
- Pay off someone’s layaway at a department store.
- Pick up litter off of the street.
- Stop to talk to a homeless person.
- Pay for the coffee for the person behind you.
- Be an active listener.
- Say thank you to a janitor.
Strive to take the initiative and aim to make more random acts of kindness throughout your daily life.
For more ways to improve your life, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/culture.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| Mar 19, 2017