There aren’t many people, or canines, who don’t love a good doughnut. This dog-friendly recipe, made with peanut butter and wheat flour, is a special treat that will make your pooch feel like they’re king of the castle.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, and then line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the egg, and slowly mix in the milk and peanut butter until smooth.
- Once mixed, add in the whole wheat flour and baking powder until a dough forms. Roll the dough on a flat surface until it is ½ inch in thickness.
- With a round cookie cutter, cut out as many doughnuts as you can, and then, with a smaller circle cutter, cut out another hole in the center of each doughnut.
- Continue to combine the scraps together, and repeat the previous step until you have as many doughnuts as possible. Then lay the doughnuts on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the doughnuts have hardened, and allow them to cool.
Dog-friendly decorating ideas:
- Plain yogurt
- Peanut butter
- Low-fat cottage cheese
- Pureed fruit
- Shredded carrots
- Apple pieces
- Chopped spinach
- Bacon bits
- Carob chips
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Apr 25, 2018
These Tips Are Your North Star For Home Decorating
| Feb 12, 2020
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Mar 19, 2017