Between the excitement of Thanksgiving’s delicious feast and the hustle and bustle of the impending holiday season, the month of November often goes by in the blink of an eye. However, even just one simple act a day will help you to stay grateful throughout the month.
In need of a little inspiration? Use this checklist of ideas.
Download Gratitude Checklist
- Give someone in need a care package.
- Reconnect with someone who you’ve lost touch with.
- Send a loved one a handwritten note.
- Bake a treat for your neighbors.
- Compliment a coworker for their hard work.
- Thank a veteran in your life for their service.
- Clean up a few pieces of trash at your favorite park.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Give someone a small gift, just because.
- Call your parents.
- Call your grandparents.
- Tell your siblings how much you admire them.
- Treat a coworker to coffee.
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
- Feed someone else’s parking meter.
- Let someone else have a parking spot.
- Give your pet a special treat.
- Cook your partner’s favorite meal for them.
- Be an active listener when someone is venting to you.
- Drop off a bag of dog/cat food at your local ASPCA.
- Tell your mentor how influential they have been for you.
- Hug someone you love.
- Help the cashier bag your groceries.
- Pay for the person’s order behind you in the drive-thru line.
- Donate old clothes/belongings to a local charity.
- Forgive someone.
- Speak to someone who is sitting by themselves.
- Spend one day only saying positive things about someone.
- Leave a generous tip and words of encouragement for a waiter.
- Be kind to yourself.
For more ways to give back this season, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/celebrate.
You may also like:
| Dec 14, 2017
House Selling Checklist
| Feb 16, 2018
Sell Faster with These Small Projects
| Mar 30, 2017
Selling Your Home? Declutter First!
| Feb 23, 2018
The Ultimate Home Maintenance Checklist
| Feb 19, 2017
Trash vs. Recycle: Do You Know When to Trash it?
| Feb 7, 2018
Crispy Avocado Tacos
| Mar 19, 2017